Online Teaching Policy
KA Arts will ensure that:
• the safety and welfare of the child, young person and those adults deemed ‘vulnerable’ is paramount
• all children, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin religious beliefs and/or sexual identity have the right to protection
• all suspicions and allegations of abuse and poor practice will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately
• they foster a culture of trust between adults who work at the school and children who attend it;
• all staff (paid/unpaid) working at KA Arts have a responsibility to report concerns to the appropriate officer.
• They contribute to effective partnership working between all those involved with providing
safeguarding services for children; and
• Work with partners to provide a co-ordinated offer of early help when additional needs of children are identified
The following policy has been formulated to ensure that all classes delivered by KA Arts tutors online, are delivered in a safe manner to help protect our students and staff.
KA Arts safeguarding policy will be followed and adhered to by the tutors, the same as in all face-to-face classes.
• Classes will be delivered online with the Principal of the school present on every call for all group classes.
• During any one-to-one private sessions, the parent/caregiver is advised to be present. But should not distract/become involved in the lesson that is being delivered.
• The Zoom software will be used for all group classes. (https://zoom.us)
• Tutors and Parents/Students should only use these sessions to deliver/receive the
classes and should not be used for general communication. Should a Tutor/Student/Parent need to communicate with KA Arts, this should be done by calling or emailing the Principal (Hello@KAarts.co.uk / 07825 371 945)
• When teaching online, the tutors will dress appropriately, and where possible in KA Arts attire.
• The students will also be required to wear the appropriate uniform for the class they are receiving.
• For any dance/movement session, the students would not have to wear their leotards, but should be in clothing that does not restrict their movement.
• Should a student wear inappropriate attire, they will be terminated from the call and be asked to return to the call once they are appropriately dressed.
• A parent/caregiver will need to be within the student’s home during the sessions in case of injuries.